Today, we are all looking at our gardens and seeing an opportunity to expand our home living space. Professional landscape architects agree that a renovated outdoor living space enhances leisure time and adds value to a home – and ponds and water features are among the most requested landscape designs.
Each year, thousands of decorative water features are installed using EPDM RUBBER pond liners because they are flexible, tough and built to last many tears. These water features help increase the appeal and value of private homes around the world. Combining flexibility and ease of installation with lasting durability, EPDM RUBBER liners are the perfect choice for creating unique water feature designs. In fact, when it comes to creating a garden oasis, with our rubber liners the only limit is your imagination.
Balancing functionality and beauty, EPDM Rubber Liners are perfect for:
Decorative Ponds, Fountains, Cascades, Koi Ponds, Natural Looking Ponds
Pondless Water Features. Reflection Ponds, Streams, Water Gardens, Waterfalls
1.02 mm thick EPDM Rubber Pond Liner
- UV RESISTANT
- BIOLOGICALLY SAFE
- FISH COMPATIBLE
- ROOT RESISTANT in accordance with DIN 4062
- TEAR RESISTANT in accordance with DIN 53455
- OZONE RESISTANT
- COLD RESISTANT in accordance with DIN 53361
- 20 years guarantee
- Weight 1.4kg per square meter
1.02 mm thick, black EPDM rubber (we don't sell thinner versions being 0.75mm or 0.5mm thick , nor do we sell PVC liners)
How to measure pond liner
For accuracy we recommend all measurements are made using metric system. EPDM rubber is tougher and more flexible than butyl rubber and will give excellent results. It has a lifetime guarantee and is completely wildlife and fish friendly. EPDM (Ethylene propylene diene monomer) rubber is the more modern material and more flexible and easier to install than butyl rubber.
EPDM RUBBER LINER CHARACTERISTICS
- Easy to Install
- EPDM rubber is available in a variety of width rolls which we cut to suit your pond or water feature thereby reducing the amount of field seaming needed. We recommend no joins if possible. However, we also stock joining tape and adhesives if required.
- Extremely Flexible
- EPDM rubber liner can stretch over 300 percent, offering exceptional performance and lay flat characteristics that are ideal for irregular shapes and contours.
- Excellent Weathering Resistance
- Even when exposed to UV, ozone, extreme temperatures and other harmful environmental conditions, EPDM rubber liner specially compounded material prevents cracking. The result is outstanding age stability with little or no maintenance.
- Fish And Plant Friendly
- EPDM rubber liner is specifically formulated to be safe for fish and plant life. It is non toxic to fish and aquatic life.
- Designed with exceptional tensile strength and excellent chemical and environmental stress-cracking resistance, protects against punctures and remains unaffected by UV, ozone and soil bacteria.
Jet black colour making it extremely dark colour even underwater
Balancing functionality and beauty, our EPDM Rubber Liners are perfect for:Decorative Ponds
Koi Ponds (fish friendly)
Natural Looking Ponds
Pondless Water Features (covered ponds, no open water visible)
Reflection Ponds (see your planting and sky reflect in the mirror surface)
Infinity Ponds (water comes right up to top edge of pond)
Please note as all liner is cut to suit your measurements, no refund on cut to measure liner can be offered. We delivery pond liner throughout Ireland by courier or you call ahead and collect (please allow 24 hours)
- Click here to see sizes available
In addition to the legal guarantee, we guarantee the following characteristics of the OASE OaseFol
garden pond liner for a period of 20 years, starting with the date of purchase:
• UV-resistance • Tensile strength in accordance
• Resistance to rotting with DIN 53455
• Cold resistance in accordance • Dimensional stability with DIN 53361 in accordance with IVK
We do not supply thinner 0.75mm or 0.55m rubber liner and we do not supply PVC liner as quality counts when installing a pond liner. Our 1.02mm thick EPDM rubber pond liner is high quality pond liner and much more heavy duty than thinner EPDM rubber and far less likely to get punctured. Once your pond has been installed, it would obviously be quite costly, and time consuming to remove and replace the pond liner with another. It is for this reason that we only supply reputable 1.02mm thick EPDM rubber liner so that up front you save any potential problems down the road.
EPDM Pond Liners
Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer, or EPDM pond liner is the most popular choice among pond builders. EPDM pond liner can be joined with double sided EPDM joining tape, bonding adhesive, or spray adhesive, making any joins fully waterproof. However, there is a realistic chance that when purchasing an EPDM pond liner from ourselves, that you will be able to find one piece large enough to line your entire pond without any seams, since EPDM is available in many different roll widths to suit the vast majority of ponds. Because of this, it often takes less experience and equipment to efficiently line a pond with EPDM since no welding is required.
Tip. If you want to bring hose pipe or cables through the side of you pond (rather than over the top) we have a fitting specifically designed for this job called a Tradux fitting.
|Tensile strength||> 8 MPa|
|Tightness||> 10 KPa|
|Static load resistance||25 Kg|
|Impact resistance||> 60 N|
|Foldability||< -30º C|
|Joint splicing||> 200 N/50 mm|
|Joint peeling||> 25 N/50 mm|